Sunday, February 21, 2010

Music in my husband's circles...

My husby left his hard drive full of music behind for me to listen to at my leisure.
And since we aren't cool enough to have a radio in the apartment, I mostly reort to either streaming Atlanta radio online, or I get crazy with the cheese whiz and blast our amazing music library via the hard drive.
Mike has everything under the sun stored in that little black box.

Bored with streaming radio, and needing something less likely to freeze for background noise, I went with the hard drive option. So as to entertain myself   while I got Michael's clothes ready for movers to ship on the 5th.
I stumbled across a folder of music he got from our friend this past summer.  I found a song in the mix that I hadn't heard since Bush Sr. held office.
I was giddy with the anticipation of retro-gloriousness as I gleefully clicked PLAY! (Yes with an exclaimation point, no less.)

The dramatic beat started up, I was instantly whisked to my childhood. Summertime, in the back seat of the family car, drinking yoohoos in my hand-me-down panama jack tshirt. Smiling with the huge 'i just got my big teeth' gap between my front two. Singing along with the catchy tune, with my skint knees and cabbage patch kid under my arm as the wind blew through my hair.

I had never really paid attention to the lyrics. I never knew what he was singing about. I was astounded.



I think I'll call my dad.

1 comment: