Monday, February 15, 2010

Fiasco Burritos

It's snowing again. One cat is snoozing, one is taunted by the birds and falling flakes.
If only snow made me feel frisky or snoozy, it just makes me stir crazy. I want to bake brownies. Scratch that, I want to eat brownies. But there's only so many brownies you can consume, and only so many episodes of Sanford & Son you can watch without feeling....trapped by the frozen fluffy water that just won't quit it already.

Valentine's Day Eve I had a sleep over at my sister's house. Laughing at Voters in the 90's with their mullets, filling in the bubble for Clinton.
We watched Whip it and Couples Retreat. Which I promptly put on my "Must buy" list. We ate moist store bought Valentine cake.

With Lynsey, it was like a barrell of monkeyshines and hijinxs of laughter.
On Valentine's Day Proper, the two G'nos & myself went to Taco Bell/Pizza hut  for Valentine lunch/dinner. My brother in law had his mind made up first, and ordered a T6 combo meal. The guy looked at him like "Oh the pressure...the costumer is always right...but we don't have anything called the T6...."  That's when the giggles began. I couldn't make eye contact with Lyns. I couldn't. She said "Did my husband just order a T6?"
Her turn was up.
My sister proudly announced to the chap at the counter that she'd like a Fiasco Burrito. (Click it, I found a link to a coup for a freebie) Meaning Fresco. I couldn't even place my order.
I was laughing so hard.
I just had a vision of the burrito causing her to need a bathroom and stat, thus causing a fiasco. The more I thought the harder I laughed.
She kept saying Fiasco. I kept laughing.

After the Taco Bell Fiasco, they brought me back to my little apartment. I found Michael's hiding place for my Valentine. I was so careful not to peek until Valentine's day proper.
In there I found a festival of candy.
Even a heart shaped box that played "Baby I need Your Lovin'"
The card itself was funny, the sweetness he wrote inside brought me to tears.

I stood there with the card in my two hands, and felt like it was forever until I go to my husband.

I talked to him earlier today, he said he misses the sunshine. He's yet to see it in Germany. My little Seattle-ite is tired of the overcast...

While he is probably starting his nightly almost-bed-time rituals,  I watch the snow rain down heavy and relentless....

1 comment: