Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunny Weekends

Spring is springing forth as I type. This past weekend was positively lovely. I was happy to see the yellow blossoms on the Forsythia, even if it makes my eyes ooze icky stinky gunk.
No matter...it's SPRINGTIME! The weather is warming up, and I'm actually wearing flip flops without cold toes!
It's amazing to me that just a mere...what....2 and a half weeks ago, the ground was covered in snow, and I had no hopes of seeing a daffodil anywhere.
This weekend, I went to PA to spend time with my Lovely baby sister, and her husband and pup.
We made homemade pizza, laughed too much, and sipped Mango Margaritas.
The only thing missing was Michael.
It is so very difficult to live your newly married life miles and miles apart. Especially when it seems as though there is no end to the gap between us.
Boarding a plane headed towards Nurnberg seems like a dream. It seems like a fairytale.

Hearing his voice on the phone makes me very feel very Kim Wilde. It keeps me hangin' on.
I think about how fast the butterflies will be flying around and around in my stomach when I'm on the plane inching closer and closer to him.
How excited I will be to throw my arms around him, and actually hug my husband.
That is what I want. I want to HUG my husband. I want to see his smile and look in his beautiful eyes.

But until then, I have weekends with Lyns and sunny days that are only growing warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment